Chinese internet search giant Baidu saw its shares gain 5% in the US after posting better than expected third quarter earnings, thanks to strong membership growth from its iQiyi video-streaming service.
Baidu earned RMB 28.1 billion US$3.93 billion in total revenue, essentially flat from last year but up 7% from last quarter. While online marketing revenues dropped 9% on year to RMB20.4 billion $2.86 billion, its other revenues gained 34% year...
- Campaign Asia-Pacific online premium content* including in-depth monthly focus on key trends and industry issues
- Unlimited website access*, and an archive of more than 70,000 articles
- Regular value-added supplements including brand health checks, sector studies, ad critiques and research charts
- Daily newsletters and breaking story alerts straight to your inbox
- New weekly feature articles on the latest research, innovation and marketing trends
- Be the first to hear about industry events