As the Tokyo Metropolitan Government TMG opens the $3.5 billion Toyosu fish market for business this week, demolition is already underway at Tsukiji. But even though the buildings will be razed, there are hopes that Tsukiji’s brandor soulwill remain intact.
Over its 83 years of operation, Tsukiji became known as the biggest, most dynamic fish market in the world. It also became Tokyo’s most popular tourist attraction, drawing around 30,000 visitors a...
- Campaign Asia-Pacific online premium content* including in-depth monthly focus on key trends and industry issues
- Unlimited website access*, and an archive of more than 70,000 articles
- Regular value-added supplements including brand health checks, sector studies, ad critiques and research charts
- Daily newsletters and breaking story alerts straight to your inbox
- New weekly feature articles on the latest research, innovation and marketing trends
- Be the first to hear about industry events