The world quietly changed on 19 August of this year when the Business Roundtable, a group of 181 of the largest corporations and institutional investors, announced an updated definition of “the purpose of a corporation”.
For decades, they had stated that “the paramount duty of management and of boards of directors is to the corporation’s stockholders”, in short, the only people that matter are investors. But today corporates have been delivered with a new five-point...
- Campaign Asia-Pacific online premium content* including in-depth monthly focus on key trends and industry issues
- Unlimited website access*, and an archive of more than 70,000 articles
- Regular value-added supplements including brand health checks, sector studies, ad critiques and research charts
- Daily newsletters and breaking story alerts straight to your inbox
- New weekly feature articles on the latest research, innovation and marketing trends
- Be the first to hear about industry events