More than 30 domestic agencies are crying foul after Chinese electric-car brand BYD 比亚迪 absolved itself of payment obligations for RMB1.1 billion US$164 million worth of advertising production and roadshow fees last week. The automaker claimed these agencies have been dealing with a fake employee from an illegal entity carrying out marketing activities on behalf of BYD by forging the company’s seal, in a filing to the Hong Kong stock exchange.
- Campaign Asia-Pacific online premium content* including in-depth monthly focus on key trends and industry issues
- Unlimited website access*, and an archive of more than 70,000 articles
- Regular value-added supplements including brand health checks, sector studies, ad critiques and research charts
- Daily newsletters and breaking story alerts straight to your inbox
- New weekly feature articles on the latest research, innovation and marketing trends
- Be the first to hear about industry events