The web is littered with expert opinion about how to sell to older consumers “Say this and “don’t say that.” The problem is that these generalizations are a blunt instrument, and often downright misleading.
Take for example the oft-recycled rules’ on marketing to baby boomers. The fundamental problem is that these rules are based on behavioural assumptions of citizens from specific countries and cultures, particularly the United States. Too often they represent a small segment...
- Campaign Asia-Pacific online premium content* including in-depth monthly focus on key trends and industry issues
- Unlimited website access*, and an archive of more than 70,000 articles
- Regular value-added supplements including brand health checks, sector studies, ad critiques and research charts
- Daily newsletters and breaking story alerts straight to your inbox
- New weekly feature articles on the latest research, innovation and marketing trends
- Be the first to hear about industry events