Toyota, Nissan, and Honda each cut advertising by US$200 to $300 million, but their market shares didn't change, says Chris Bonsi, managing director, TNS Infoplan.
A report from Dentsu shows automobile adspend plunging from 216.9 billion yen $1.8 billion in 2007 to -30 per cent to 134.6 billion yen in 2009.
Significantly, Dentsu's automotive category that also includes products such as motorcycles and boats under performed most major advertising categories, many of which suffered only single-digit year-on-year...
- Campaign Asia-Pacific online premium content* including in-depth monthly focus on key trends and industry issues
- Unlimited website access*, and an archive of more than 70,000 articles
- Regular value-added supplements including brand health checks, sector studies, ad critiques and research charts
- Daily newsletters and breaking story alerts straight to your inbox
- New weekly feature articles on the latest research, innovation and marketing trends
- Be the first to hear about industry events