Pepsi could have paid closer attention to the anthem it picked for its commercial last month. “This generation You better know who we are,” sings Skip Marley in his song Lions, as a cello player is shown drinking from a can of Pepsi before joining a demonstration.
Viewers found this protest-themed spot harder to swallow. Whether it was the use of white privilege’ poster-child Kendall Jenner to invoke iconic imageries from the Black Lives...
- Campaign Asia-Pacific online premium content* including in-depth monthly focus on key trends and industry issues
- Unlimited website access*, and an archive of more than 70,000 articles
- Regular value-added supplements including brand health checks, sector studies, ad critiques and research charts
- Daily newsletters and breaking story alerts straight to your inbox
- New weekly feature articles on the latest research, innovation and marketing trends
- Be the first to hear about industry events