WhiteGrey and Mindshare won the grand prix award in the 2020 Warc Awards for Effective Innovation. The winning work: 'Omtanke - Rethinking Volvo' for Volvo Cars Australia, led to the creation of the Volvo Living Seawall, a 113% average uplift in brand attributes across key target audiences, and record sales, according to Warc.
APAC work from Australia, China, India and New Zealand accounted for six of the 10 total awards. The other APAC winners are:
- GOLD: 'Hungry Puffs' for Foodbank WA by The Brand Agency
- SILVER: 'SelfieSTIX' for Pedigree (Mars) by Colenso BBDO
- SILVER: 'Colonel KI' for KFC (Yum China) by Mindshare China
- BRONZE: 'Ok Nestlé! Tell me more about food' for Nestlé by McCann Worldgroup India
- BRONZE: 'The Makeover of the Four Immortals' for Master Kong Express Noodle (Ting Hsin International Group) by BBDO China.
The 'Hungry Puffs' campaign, one of our favourites of 2018 and a winner in the Warc Media Awards earlier this year, also won the Category Innovation Award as "the best example of a brand defying category norms or creating a new category"—one of three special awards on top of the metal.
The full winner list:
- Omtanke - Rethinking Volvo · Volvo Cars Australia · Volvo Cars · WhiteGrey, Mindshare · Australia
- #FFAB60 - Searching for the special colour of Seville · Tanqueray · Diageo · PS21 · Spain (Partnership Award)
- Visit Xbox - the Birth of Gaming Tourism · Xbox · Microsoft · McCann London · United Kingdom (Channel Innovation Award)
- Hungry Puffs · Foodbank WA · Foodbank Australia · The Brand Agency · Australia (Category Innovation Award)
- SelfieSTIX · Pedigree · Mars · Colenso BBDO · New Zealand
- Blood Unity · Donner Sang Compter (DSC) · FP7 McCann Dubai · Lebanon
- Colonel KI · KFC · Yum! China · Mindshare China · China
- OMO Tag · OMO · Unilever · TBWA\RAAD · Lebanon
- Ok Nestlé! Tell me more about food · Nestlé · McCann Worldgroup · India
- The Makeover of the Four Immortals · Master Kong Express Noodle · Ting Hsin International Group · BBDO China · China
The Warc Awards also includes categories for Effective Content Strategy, Effective Social Strategy and Effective Use of Brand Purpose, which will be announced in coming weeks. The grand prix and special award winners across the four categories share a $40,000 prize fund. More information is available from Warc.