Adbug, a third-party verification company tracking ad fraud in China since the end of 2016, believes it has collected enough data to claim discovery of what it calls China’s largest ad fraud operation to date. In a report detailing its findings, Adbug outlines the steps that the operation, which it dubbed 'RedEye', uses to threaten advertising effectiveness for brands.
The name stems from some text embedded in fraudulent sites, as seen above.
- Campaign Asia-Pacific online premium content* including in-depth monthly focus on key trends and industry issues
- Unlimited website access*, and an archive of more than 70,000 articles
- Regular value-added supplements including brand health checks, sector studies, ad critiques and research charts
- Daily newsletters and breaking story alerts straight to your inbox
- New weekly feature articles on the latest research, innovation and marketing trends
- Be the first to hear about industry events