Brands play different roles in consumers' lives in developing versus developed markets. The difference is rarely discussed, considering the fundamental nature of the issue. Before I mention the difference, however, let’s look at the similarities.
All brands, to some extent or another, fit within the equation AS B IS Actual Self Brand Ideal Self. That is, we buy brands that reflect an idealised version of who we are. Nothing wrong, or particularly challenging about...
- Campaign Asia-Pacific online premium content* including in-depth monthly focus on key trends and industry issues
- Unlimited website access*, and an archive of more than 70,000 articles
- Regular value-added supplements including brand health checks, sector studies, ad critiques and research charts
- Daily newsletters and breaking story alerts straight to your inbox
- New weekly feature articles on the latest research, innovation and marketing trends
- Be the first to hear about industry events