According to a post on Twitter's blog, each trend in the top 10 includes multiple related terms to give the most accurate view of the topics people cared about during 2010.
The list of top 10 Twitter trends this year is topped by no other than the Gulf oil spill. The FIFA World Cup follows in second with the movie Inception in third place. The devastating Haiti earthquake comes up as the fourth most discussed trend in 2010,...
- Campaign Asia-Pacific online premium content* including in-depth monthly focus on key trends and industry issues
- Unlimited website access*, and an archive of more than 70,000 articles
- Regular value-added supplements including brand health checks, sector studies, ad critiques and research charts
- Daily newsletters and breaking story alerts straight to your inbox
- New weekly feature articles on the latest research, innovation and marketing trends
- Be the first to hear about industry events