Writing this article and preparing a short presentation to the agency to celebrate International Women’s Day, a co-worker and I reflected on some historic advertising and how it portrayed women. One ad labeled women dumb but beautiful’ for forgetting to use deodorant, whilst another insinuated the more a woman cleans, the cuter she looks’. This work was published in the same decade that a small but vocal group of women in the Garment District of New York City...
- Campaign Asia-Pacific online premium content* including in-depth monthly focus on key trends and industry issues
- Unlimited website access*, and an archive of more than 70,000 articles
- Regular value-added supplements including brand health checks, sector studies, ad critiques and research charts
- Daily newsletters and breaking story alerts straight to your inbox
- New weekly feature articles on the latest research, innovation and marketing trends
- Be the first to hear about industry events