Tencent’s media advertising revenue fell by 23% in the third quarter, contributing to a 13% drop in the tech giant’s profit to 20.38 billion yuan US$2.91 billion.
It was Tencent's lowest quarterly profit this year and its first profit fall since the fourth quarter of 2018.
China's biggest gaming and social media company had a mixed quarter for revenue in the three months ended 30 September in both its advertising...
- Campaign Asia-Pacific online premium content* including in-depth monthly focus on key trends and industry issues
- Unlimited website access*, and an archive of more than 70,000 articles
- Regular value-added supplements including brand health checks, sector studies, ad critiques and research charts
- Daily newsletters and breaking story alerts straight to your inbox
- New weekly feature articles on the latest research, innovation and marketing trends
- Be the first to hear about industry events