After Monday's news that Samsung had temporarily halted production of the Galaxy Note7, and yesterday's statement that it had banned all sales and asked consumers to stop using the device, the electronic maker confirmed late Tuesday that it would end production of the device altogether.
“Putting consumer safety as the top priority, we have reached a final decision to halt production of Galaxy Note7s,” a company statement said.
The move follows the...
- Campaign Asia-Pacific online premium content* including in-depth monthly focus on key trends and industry issues
- Unlimited website access*, and an archive of more than 70,000 articles
- Regular value-added supplements including brand health checks, sector studies, ad critiques and research charts
- Daily newsletters and breaking story alerts straight to your inbox
- New weekly feature articles on the latest research, innovation and marketing trends
- Be the first to hear about industry events