VUCCA has a lot to answer for. The 'volatility, uncertainty, chaos, complexity, ambiguity' model borrowed from military strategy and imported into the business world has become shorthand for 'the future's scary, keep up or be doomed'.
It encourages a certain vision of the future, one based on constant churn, instability, and the primacy of disruption.
But it narrows our perspective on time. It makes it feel as if this moment of change...
- Campaign Asia-Pacific online premium content* including in-depth monthly focus on key trends and industry issues
- Unlimited website access*, and an archive of more than 70,000 articles
- Regular value-added supplements including brand health checks, sector studies, ad critiques and research charts
- Daily newsletters and breaking story alerts straight to your inbox
- New weekly feature articles on the latest research, innovation and marketing trends
- Be the first to hear about industry events