Of all the brands that have chosen to sponsor Naomi Osaka, the world’s top-ranked female tennis player as of this week, Nissin is perhaps the most intriguing. There is no obvious link between instant ramen and tennis, but the maker of Cup Noodle has brought imagination to its sponsorship that others including ANA, Nissan and Citizen have not.
Until the whitewashing’ controversy that preceded Osaka’s win of the Australian Open on Saturday, Nissin...
- Campaign Asia-Pacific online premium content* including in-depth monthly focus on key trends and industry issues
- Unlimited website access*, and an archive of more than 70,000 articles
- Regular value-added supplements including brand health checks, sector studies, ad critiques and research charts
- Daily newsletters and breaking story alerts straight to your inbox
- New weekly feature articles on the latest research, innovation and marketing trends
- Be the first to hear about industry events