In the run-up to the local government assembly elections that took place in Tokyo on Sunday, candidates assailed citizens relentlessly with loudspeakers. Their voices blaring from taxpayer-funded vans stuffed with waving white-gloved assistants, most offered little insight into their policies, but stated their names repeatedly in the hope that voters would remember them at the booth. In some cases, the candidate was not present in the vehicle, which broadcast a recorded message on a loop.
- Campaign Asia-Pacific online premium content* including in-depth monthly focus on key trends and industry issues
- Unlimited website access*, and an archive of more than 70,000 articles
- Regular value-added supplements including brand health checks, sector studies, ad critiques and research charts
- Daily newsletters and breaking story alerts straight to your inbox
- New weekly feature articles on the latest research, innovation and marketing trends
- Be the first to hear about industry events