The McDonald's board has ousted chief executive Steve Easterbrook for violating company policy over a recent relationship with an employee.
The company's board voted on Friday 1 Nov to terminate Easterbrook's position, determining that while the relationship was consensual the exec had demonstrated poor judgment, McDonald's said in a news release.
McDonald’s policy prohibits managers from becoming romantically involved with an employee.
- Campaign Asia-Pacific online premium content* including in-depth monthly focus on key trends and industry issues
- Unlimited website access*, and an archive of more than 70,000 articles
- Regular value-added supplements including brand health checks, sector studies, ad critiques and research charts
- Daily newsletters and breaking story alerts straight to your inbox
- New weekly feature articles on the latest research, innovation and marketing trends
- Be the first to hear about industry events