Sir Martin Sorrell has “strenuously” denied allegations that he paid a sex worker with the ad network’s finances.
The claim was made in a report by The Wall Street Journal on Saturday, which focused on WPP’s investigation of alleged financial misconduct by Sorrell. The report cited people familiar with the matter as saying the investigation focused on use of company funds to pay a sex worker.
Sorrell stepped down as WPP...
- Campaign Asia-Pacific online premium content* including in-depth monthly focus on key trends and industry issues
- Unlimited website access*, and an archive of more than 70,000 articles
- Regular value-added supplements including brand health checks, sector studies, ad critiques and research charts
- Daily newsletters and breaking story alerts straight to your inbox
- New weekly feature articles on the latest research, innovation and marketing trends
- Be the first to hear about industry events