Marks Spencer MS, or Ma Sha Bai Huo literally Horse Tree Department Store in Chinese, launched its very first flagship store in mainland China to a rather inauspicious start. Just four days after its October 2008 opening, a young Indian shopper named Shah Harshit fell to his death from an escalator on the fourth floor of the store on West Nanjing Road in Shanghai.
- Campaign Asia-Pacific online premium content* including in-depth monthly focus on key trends and industry issues
- Unlimited website access*, and an archive of more than 70,000 articles
- Regular value-added supplements including brand health checks, sector studies, ad critiques and research charts
- Daily newsletters and breaking story alerts straight to your inbox
- New weekly feature articles on the latest research, innovation and marketing trends
- Be the first to hear about industry events