When she complained on Twitter about the discomfort, and injustice, of having to wear high heels for her part-time job at a funeral parlour, Yumi Ishikawa says she didn’t expect to find herself at the forefront of a gender-equality movement.
Her tweet drew around 70,000 likes and 30,000 retweets. “So I realised a lot of people share this feeling, and that it was a gender issue,” she says, speaking at a McDonald’s in a...
- Campaign Asia-Pacific online premium content* including in-depth monthly focus on key trends and industry issues
- Unlimited website access*, and an archive of more than 70,000 articles
- Regular value-added supplements including brand health checks, sector studies, ad critiques and research charts
- Daily newsletters and breaking story alerts straight to your inbox
- New weekly feature articles on the latest research, innovation and marketing trends
- Be the first to hear about industry events