The goliaths of digital are building deeper and deeper moats, but as they do, the competition for consumer attention grows.
Last week, Google announced plans to invest US$550 million into JD.com. Although this is a drop in the ocean for Google, the move appears to be a tactical play to combat the growing competition from internet retailers, such as Amazon and Alibaba, that are increasingly threatening Google’s core search business. More consumers are...
- Campaign Asia-Pacific online premium content* including in-depth monthly focus on key trends and industry issues
- Unlimited website access*, and an archive of more than 70,000 articles
- Regular value-added supplements including brand health checks, sector studies, ad critiques and research charts
- Daily newsletters and breaking story alerts straight to your inbox
- New weekly feature articles on the latest research, innovation and marketing trends
- Be the first to hear about industry events