Earlier this month, Starbucks announced that it would close 8,000 of its stores in the US on May 29 to launch the first stage of a “multi-phase” unconscious bias training programme, after an incident in which two black men were wrongfully arrested in a store in Philadelphia.
The news has prompted much debate, largely around the fact that Starbucks doesn’t appear to have had such training in place beforehand. But it has also thrown up...
- Campaign Asia-Pacific online premium content* including in-depth monthly focus on key trends and industry issues
- Unlimited website access*, and an archive of more than 70,000 articles
- Regular value-added supplements including brand health checks, sector studies, ad critiques and research charts
- Daily newsletters and breaking story alerts straight to your inbox
- New weekly feature articles on the latest research, innovation and marketing trends
- Be the first to hear about industry events