China’s premium white liquor brand Kweichow Moutai has been facing a long-standing problem speculators pushing up the price of its highly sought product to irrational highs with little benefit to the brand. The problem has become so acute that average Chinese consumers can rarely access the liquor. But with the opening of Costco in Shanghai, Kweichow Moutai saw a new solution for cuting out the speculators, hatching a plan in just seven days.
- Campaign Asia-Pacific online premium content* including in-depth monthly focus on key trends and industry issues
- Unlimited website access*, and an archive of more than 70,000 articles
- Regular value-added supplements including brand health checks, sector studies, ad critiques and research charts
- Daily newsletters and breaking story alerts straight to your inbox
- New weekly feature articles on the latest research, innovation and marketing trends
- Be the first to hear about industry events