The commercial model for Buzz is based on the ad system it uses for Gmail. This works by detecting the subject matter of email conversations and targeting the user with relevant messages.
There are certainly ways to offer relevant and targeted ads via Buzz,' said a Google spokesman. Currently, ads appear next to Buzz posts in the Gmail inbox, but there aren't any ads on the Buzz tab itself. For now, we're focused on building...
- Campaign Asia-Pacific online premium content* including in-depth monthly focus on key trends and industry issues
- Unlimited website access*, and an archive of more than 70,000 articles
- Regular value-added supplements including brand health checks, sector studies, ad critiques and research charts
- Daily newsletters and breaking story alerts straight to your inbox
- New weekly feature articles on the latest research, innovation and marketing trends
- Be the first to hear about industry events