A lack of understanding around the purpose and benefits of gender equality in the workplace is stifling reform in Japan, a study by McCann Worldgroup suggests.
Just 22% of 2,000 people surveyed think Japanese workplaces are gender-equalalthough the number rises to 38% when considering their own workplace.
Yet only 54% said they believe gender equality to be important. A full 29% said they do not, while 17% were unsure. To...
- Campaign Asia-Pacific online premium content* including in-depth monthly focus on key trends and industry issues
- Unlimited website access*, and an archive of more than 70,000 articles
- Regular value-added supplements including brand health checks, sector studies, ad critiques and research charts
- Daily newsletters and breaking story alerts straight to your inbox
- New weekly feature articles on the latest research, innovation and marketing trends
- Be the first to hear about industry events