If there were an X-Games category for extreme branding, the adidas marketing assault in China would surely win the gold. Not only has the German sportswear company budgeted a reputed US$200 million for Olympic sponsorship rights and supporting advertising campaigns, it has also been adding two new adidas stores a day across China, pushing the total to 4,000-plus locations in 540 cities before the start of the opening ceremonies.
Topping it all, however, was the...
- Campaign Asia-Pacific online premium content* including in-depth monthly focus on key trends and industry issues
- Unlimited website access*, and an archive of more than 70,000 articles
- Regular value-added supplements including brand health checks, sector studies, ad critiques and research charts
- Daily newsletters and breaking story alerts straight to your inbox
- New weekly feature articles on the latest research, innovation and marketing trends
- Be the first to hear about industry events