Benjamin Li
Aug 27, 2009

Euro RSCG Beijing wins Swire Properties brief

BEIJING - Swire Properties has awarded Euro RSCG Beijing, along with Havas sister media agency MPG, the creative and media duties respectively for the expansion of retail and hotel development The Village at Sanlitun after a pitch against several independent agencies.

Euro RSCG Beijing wins Swire Properties brief
The win comes at a time of expansion, as the second of its two sites – the Village North – is to be opened later in 2009. The Village North will house an array of creative luxury brands.

“2009 and beyond signal a very exciting period for The Village at Sanlitun,” said Vanessa Marescialli, assistant director, marketing, The Village at Sanlitun. “With the opening of the Village North around the corner, it’s crucial that we connect with our target audience, Beijing’s internationally connected and upwardly mobile urbanites. Our partners Euro RSCG and MPG have demonstrated great passion and dedication for this project from the outset, they share our vision and approach to drive growth and build our brand.”

“The Village at Sanlitun is Beijing’s answer to cosmopolitan living – the most cutting-edge lifestyle and shopping development in the city,” said Tammy Sheu, group managing director, Euro RSCG Beijing and North China, adding that the agencies would "develop a fresh, creative brand strategy that will fuel brand development at this crucial time of expansion.”

The integrated assignment will contain a strong digital component aimed at connecting The Village at Sanlitun with Beijing’s upscale shoppers.

Euro RSCG is currently working on a revamp of the brand’s website, which is to be rolled out later next month. MPG has held the media account since mid 2008.

With its heady mix of trendy architecture, flagship stores, and dining and entertainment options, The Village South opened in July 2008 in time for the Olympics.

The retail portion of The Village at Sanlitun is jointly owned by Swire Properties and Gaw Capital, with Swire Properties holding an 80 per cent stake and Gaw Capital taking the remaining 20 percent, while the urban hotel is wholly-owned by Swire Properties.
Source:
Campaign China

Related Articles

Just Published

1 day ago

Tech Bites: Week of May 16, 2022

News from Alipay, Klook, AnyMind, Dataxis, Mediabrands, Dable, Joy Spreader and more. Plus, Grab announces its first-quarter 2022 results, in our weekly roundup of tech and media news.

1 day ago

Campaign Crash Course: Understanding attention-based...

In this lesson, Kevin Smyth from Playground XYZ explains how marketers can use modern attention-based metrics to measure retention.

1 day ago

What does a social media platform for seniors look ...

A new social media network aimed at seniors called Club is a 'no-judgement platform' that allows its target audience to connect and create a sense of purpose.

1 day ago

Interpublic Group names Channing Martin global ...

Martin will lead strategy on all diversity-related matters and expand the company’s equity and inclusion practices.