Many of the voice assistants currently available to us have something noticeable in commontheir female preset voices. Many of them have also been given distinctively feminine names.
Why have so many tech giants decided to assign a gender to their voice assistants Is their femininity a reflection of an industry still struggling with diversity Could it be considered regressive stereotyping built into their design Or is it simply because consumers have an inherent preference...
- Campaign Asia-Pacific online premium content* including in-depth monthly focus on key trends and industry issues
- Unlimited website access*, and an archive of more than 70,000 articles
- Regular value-added supplements including brand health checks, sector studies, ad critiques and research charts
- Daily newsletters and breaking story alerts straight to your inbox
- New weekly feature articles on the latest research, innovation and marketing trends
- Be the first to hear about industry events