Dentsu’s president admitted at a court hearing on 22 September that the company had failed to act to rein in a culture of illegal overtime.
The case, which centres on the work-related suicide of a young employee, Matsuri Takahashi, in December 2015, is drawing to a close, with a ruling scheduled for 6 October.
Toshihiro Yamamoto, who replaced Tadashi Ishii as president in January 2017, apologised on behalf of the company to...
- Campaign Asia-Pacific online premium content* including in-depth monthly focus on key trends and industry issues
- Unlimited website access*, and an archive of more than 70,000 articles
- Regular value-added supplements including brand health checks, sector studies, ad critiques and research charts
- Daily newsletters and breaking story alerts straight to your inbox
- New weekly feature articles on the latest research, innovation and marketing trends
- Be the first to hear about industry events