This is the fifth consecutive year the agency took the top spot. It also won two Gold Innovation awards, both for telecommunication brand StarHub. Its two winning campaigns are the ‘Donate-a-Tone’ campaign, under the marketing innovation category, and the ‘My smart eye’ campaign, for product innovation.
DDB's client, McDonald’s, meanwhile, captured the advertiser of the year award. Rene De Monchy, assistant general manager, marketing at Asia Pacific Breweries took home the crown for client marketer of the year.
The award show also conferred a Lifetime Achievement Award on Tham Khai Meng, worldwide chief creative officer of New York-based Ogilvy & Mather for his contributions to leading the agency to win Network of The Year at Cannes for the second consecutive time.
A new award also launched this year, Upstart of the Year, to recognise new talent in the industry. Madina Kalyayeva, an account manager with Grey Group, won the debut accolade and receives a week-long learning programme with executive training firm Hyper Island as part of the reward.
The 2013 rendition is the 15th year the Institute of Advertising Singapore has organised the Hall of Fame Awards, and Wong Mei Wai was the chairman.
List of Winners
Digital campaign of the year award
• Heineken’s Heineken Passport, by ZenithOptimedia
Media campaign of the year award
• Coca-Cola’s Tasting is Believing (Coca-Cola Zero), by Mediacom
Print campaign of the year award
• STClassifieds, by Goodfellas
Social media campaign of the year award
• Chupa Chup’s Making Suckers of the Internet, by BBH Asia Pacific
Television campaign of the year award
• NTUC Income’s Insurance Made Simple, by BBH Asia Pacific
Creative director of the year award
• Farrokh Madon, chief creative officer, Y&R
Strategic thinker of the year award
• Rebecca Collins, regional director, Mediacom
Digital practitioner of the year award
• Puan Chi Heng, associate digital director, ZenithOptimedia
Business manager of the year award
• Brenda Foong, business director, Mediacom
Idea team of the year award
• BBDO Singapore
Media professional of the year award
• Mindy Ang, associate director, ZenithOptimedia