Alibaba Group formally announced the successor for Jack Ma this morning, following erroneous reports over the weekend of him retiring today, which happens to be his 54th birthday as well as the 19th anniversary of Alibaba.
Instead, one year from today, current chief executive officer Daniel Zhang will succeed Ma, while Ma will continue as executive chairman of the company over the next 12 months to ensure a smooth transition of the chairmanship...
- Campaign Asia-Pacific online premium content* including in-depth monthly focus on key trends and industry issues
- Unlimited website access*, and an archive of more than 70,000 articles
- Regular value-added supplements including brand health checks, sector studies, ad critiques and research charts
- Daily newsletters and breaking story alerts straight to your inbox
- New weekly feature articles on the latest research, innovation and marketing trends
- Be the first to hear about industry events