Esports is going to gross $1 billion in ad revenue worldwide by 2021 as the audience for the genre expands, according to the Esports and the Future of TV report released by IHS Markit.
In 2016, esports drew $280 million globally in ad revenue, a mere fraction of the global ad revenue of $532 billion. Growth in advertising revenue in this genre will be driven by video, influencer marketing and sponsorhship, the report noted....
- Campaign Asia-Pacific online premium content* including in-depth monthly focus on key trends and industry issues
- Unlimited website access*, and an archive of more than 70,000 articles
- Regular value-added supplements including brand health checks, sector studies, ad critiques and research charts
- Daily newsletters and breaking story alerts straight to your inbox
- New weekly feature articles on the latest research, innovation and marketing trends
- Be the first to hear about industry events