Publicis acquired a majority stake in Betterway in 2006, with co-founders York Huang and Jenny Zhang retaining 20 per cent ownership. The company operated as BetterwayPublicis Dialog.
Publicis auditors launched an investigation into Betterway's books in February 2012 after a physical raid that sent all employees home. At the time, Huang only admitted to a disagreement between Betterway's Chinese management and Publicis. Both Huang and Zhang were subsequently fired.
- Campaign Asia-Pacific online premium content* including in-depth monthly focus on key trends and industry issues
- Unlimited website access*, and an archive of more than 70,000 articles
- Regular value-added supplements including brand health checks, sector studies, ad critiques and research charts
- Daily newsletters and breaking story alerts straight to your inbox
- New weekly feature articles on the latest research, innovation and marketing trends
- Be the first to hear about industry events