The words 發 'fa' and 福 'fu' in traditional Chinese characters appear on the heel area of the left and right shoe in the special-edition pair, respectively.
When seen separately, the words are associated with festivity, meaning 'be richprosperous' and 'have fortuneluck'. But when viewed together, they form a phrase meaning 'get fat'a reversed blessing which is ironic, to say the least, for a sports brand.
- Campaign Asia-Pacific online premium content* including in-depth monthly focus on key trends and industry issues
- Unlimited website access*, and an archive of more than 70,000 articles
- Regular value-added supplements including brand health checks, sector studies, ad critiques and research charts
- Daily newsletters and breaking story alerts straight to your inbox
- New weekly feature articles on the latest research, innovation and marketing trends
- Be the first to hear about industry events