The recent soft launch of adidas.tv, the brand’s dedicated online video offering, brings the issue of branded TV channels back onto the marketing agenda. Brands have been experimenting with their own TV channels for several years, but the jury is still out on their effectiveness. Do ventures such as adidas.tv have what it takes to capture long-term audiences, or do they risk becoming expensive follies
1The concept of a branded channel hit the headlines in 2005,...
- Campaign Asia-Pacific online premium content* including in-depth monthly focus on key trends and industry issues
- Unlimited website access*, and an archive of more than 70,000 articles
- Regular value-added supplements including brand health checks, sector studies, ad critiques and research charts
- Daily newsletters and breaking story alerts straight to your inbox
- New weekly feature articles on the latest research, innovation and marketing trends
- Be the first to hear about industry events