For 61 years, Malaysia has been governed by the ruling Barisan Nasional party, most recently led by Prime Minister Najib Razak. But after a series of government scandals and gaffes in recent years, voters opted for change yesterday, electing 92-year-old opposition leader Mahathir Mohamad to lead the Southeast Asian country in a stunning victory, according to election commission figures.
Campaign asked members of the marcomms community in Malaysia to share their thoughts and initial...
- Campaign Asia-Pacific online premium content* including in-depth monthly focus on key trends and industry issues
- Unlimited website access*, and an archive of more than 70,000 articles
- Regular value-added supplements including brand health checks, sector studies, ad critiques and research charts
- Daily newsletters and breaking story alerts straight to your inbox
- New weekly feature articles on the latest research, innovation and marketing trends
- Be the first to hear about industry events