WARC has announced the winners in the Best Use of Data category of its 2019 Media Awards, a global case-study competition recognising communications planning which has made a positive impact on business results.
The organisation named nine winners (see full list below), of which five originated in APAC:
- Mindshare won a gold for work on behalf of Nike in China, a bronze in Vietnam for Unilever work and a bronze in China for work with Booking.com.
- Australia's Affinity won a silver for work on behalf of Central Coast Tourism.
- Publicis Media and Equinox Digital won a bronze for work on behalf of Zee Entertainment in India.
The jury, chaired by Scott Marsden, SVP and head of marketing with Parachute, also awarded three special awards. Mindshare's gold-winning Nike case took one of these, the Data-Driven Insight Award, which is given for using data to identify the right audience at scale.
Here's the full winner list:
- Not Just One Creator · Vans · VF Corporation · Starcom, MRY · United States + Personalisation Award
- Next% - Speed is your currency · Nike · Mindshare China · China + Data-Driven Insight Award
- Digital Window Shopping · Sport Chek · FGL Sports · Touché! · Canada
- Econometrics optimisation · TalkTalk · m/SIX, The&Partnership · United Kingdom + Attribution Award
- From Couch to Coast · Central Coast · Tourism Central Coast · AFFINITY · Australia
- Uber Legends · Uber · FP7 McCann Dubai · Jordan, United Arab Emirates
- Real-Time Infection Alert System · Lifebuoy · Unilever · Mindshare Vietnam · Vietnam
- Data-proofed social campaign · Booking.com · Mindshare · China
- Using Google Search ads as a real-time news portal · ZEE5 · ZEE Entertainment Enterprise Ltd · Publicis Media, Equinox Digital · India
The winners of the Effective Channel Integration, Effective Use of Partnerships & Sponsorships and Effective Use of Tech categories will be announced later this month. The top winning papers of the WARC Media Awards share a $40,000 prize fund. For more information, see the awards website.