Last year was a vintage for racist clichés in advertising, from Heineken telling us sometimes lighter is better to HM’s coolest kid in the jungle and Dolce Gabbana's orientalist Chopstickgate embarrassingly defended by Stefano Gabbana.
Gucci even managed multiple blunders. Sikhs were left outraged with white models wearing a US$790 turban and an unbelievable blackface incident left Gucci’s own ambassador, Dapper Dan, calling for immediate action after stating that there is no...
- Campaign Asia-Pacific online premium content* including in-depth monthly focus on key trends and industry issues
- Unlimited website access*, and an archive of more than 70,000 articles
- Regular value-added supplements including brand health checks, sector studies, ad critiques and research charts
- Daily newsletters and breaking story alerts straight to your inbox
- New weekly feature articles on the latest research, innovation and marketing trends
- Be the first to hear about industry events