Seiyu operates in an unforgiving retail market. Known for low price, it’s struggled to compete with domestic players such as Aeon and Seven i Holdings. The company has debunked speculation that it was going to withdraw from the market, however. In March, it announced plans to remodel its stores. Its CEO was recently quoted by Reuters as saying the company may even open new stores if it can find the right locations. Things are looking up slightly. But...
- Campaign Asia-Pacific online premium content* including in-depth monthly focus on key trends and industry issues
- Unlimited website access*, and an archive of more than 70,000 articles
- Regular value-added supplements including brand health checks, sector studies, ad critiques and research charts
- Daily newsletters and breaking story alerts straight to your inbox
- New weekly feature articles on the latest research, innovation and marketing trends
- Be the first to hear about industry events