The Japanese parliament approved a controversial bill legalising casinos back in December 2016. That has seen integrated resorts’ companies including Melco, Wynn, Sands MGM and Galaxy Entertainment line up for a crack at what they see as a highly lucrative market. Analysts have valued it at around US$25 billion.
At a CLSA conference in Tokyo earlier this year, Melco chief executive Lawrence Ho called the opportunity “priceless” and vowed to do whatever is necessary...
- Campaign Asia-Pacific online premium content* including in-depth monthly focus on key trends and industry issues
- Unlimited website access*, and an archive of more than 70,000 articles
- Regular value-added supplements including brand health checks, sector studies, ad critiques and research charts
- Daily newsletters and breaking story alerts straight to your inbox
- New weekly feature articles on the latest research, innovation and marketing trends
- Be the first to hear about industry events