Many manufacturers, including Samsung, plan to launch tablet computers in the next six months and take on the market cornered by Apple's iPad.
But Jobs claimed that the seven-inch screen of those tablets so far announced would be too small for consumers to operate easily.
He said, We think these seven-inch tablets will be dead on arrival. They'll learn the painful lesson that they're too small and have to expand them next year.
- Campaign Asia-Pacific online premium content* including in-depth monthly focus on key trends and industry issues
- Unlimited website access*, and an archive of more than 70,000 articles
- Regular value-added supplements including brand health checks, sector studies, ad critiques and research charts
- Daily newsletters and breaking story alerts straight to your inbox
- New weekly feature articles on the latest research, innovation and marketing trends
- Be the first to hear about industry events