Manwani's mission back then wasn't so much about selling a wholesome and desirable world of perfumed fragrance and pristine white linen â” a world a million miles from what India's village communities could afford â” but about understanding consumers in the developing world.
You could easily dismiss it as public relations â” such humble beginnings for the president of Asia and Africa for Unilever makes for a nice story. But, 30 years on, former...
- Campaign Asia-Pacific online premium content* including in-depth monthly focus on key trends and industry issues
- Unlimited website access*, and an archive of more than 70,000 articles
- Regular value-added supplements including brand health checks, sector studies, ad critiques and research charts
- Daily newsletters and breaking story alerts straight to your inbox
- New weekly feature articles on the latest research, innovation and marketing trends
- Be the first to hear about industry events