Samsung and L’Oréal are among a number of global brands that have unwittingly been advertising against climate-misinformation videos on YouTube.
A new investigation by activist group Avaaz discovered that YouTube has been driving millions of viewers to climate-denial videos with its recommendation algorithm.
It found that people who search global warming or climate change are given recommendations for climate-denial films via its Up Next feature and in the suggestions bar...
- Campaign Asia-Pacific online premium content* including in-depth monthly focus on key trends and industry issues
- Unlimited website access*, and an archive of more than 70,000 articles
- Regular value-added supplements including brand health checks, sector studies, ad critiques and research charts
- Daily newsletters and breaking story alerts straight to your inbox
- New weekly feature articles on the latest research, innovation and marketing trends
- Be the first to hear about industry events