Microsoft's Yu Sasamoto has had a challenging upbringing at times. After I was born in Thailand, I returned to Japan unable to speak Japanese. Then I started school in Australia without any English.
The only sentence my mother taught me was to raise my hand and ask to go to the toilet, he laughs.
This occasional lack of language hasn't held him back in business. Before joining Microsoft as marketing officer, consumer and online for greater Asia-Pacific, Sasamoto...
- Campaign Asia-Pacific online premium content* including in-depth monthly focus on key trends and industry issues
- Unlimited website access*, and an archive of more than 70,000 articles
- Regular value-added supplements including brand health checks, sector studies, ad critiques and research charts
- Daily newsletters and breaking story alerts straight to your inbox
- New weekly feature articles on the latest research, innovation and marketing trends
- Be the first to hear about industry events