“It’s natural human behaviour for people to seek others with similar interests,” says Simon Kemp, regional managing partner for We Are Social Asia. That’s what has happened. Although users can easily create their own subgroups within LinkedIn or Facebook, dozens of niche social networks have emerged in fields from dating to pets.
One example is Houzz, a US site for home renovators, now setting up in Japan. Strictly speaking it’s not a social...
- Campaign Asia-Pacific online premium content* including in-depth monthly focus on key trends and industry issues
- Unlimited website access*, and an archive of more than 70,000 articles
- Regular value-added supplements including brand health checks, sector studies, ad critiques and research charts
- Daily newsletters and breaking story alerts straight to your inbox
- New weekly feature articles on the latest research, innovation and marketing trends
- Be the first to hear about industry events