KFC said it stopped buying chickens from its supplier Liuhe Group in August. A China Central Television programme CCTV earlier this week revealed that the Shandong-based supplier had injected illegal drugs in chicken feed to fatten up the birds faster.
The CCTV report, which it said was based on a year of undercover reporting, stated that when farmers sent chickens to be slaughtered, workers would fabricate records about how they were raised before they were...
- Campaign Asia-Pacific online premium content* including in-depth monthly focus on key trends and industry issues
- Unlimited website access*, and an archive of more than 70,000 articles
- Regular value-added supplements including brand health checks, sector studies, ad critiques and research charts
- Daily newsletters and breaking story alerts straight to your inbox
- New weekly feature articles on the latest research, innovation and marketing trends
- Be the first to hear about industry events