Huawei could lose as much as US$30 billion in revenue over the next two years as a result of the US blacklisting, chief executive and founder Ren Zhengfei said Monday 17 June.
“We never thought that the US’ determination to attack Huawei would be so strong, so firm,” he said during a panel discussion at the company’s headquarters in Shenzhen, comparing the company to a “badly damaged plane”.
- Campaign Asia-Pacific online premium content* including in-depth monthly focus on key trends and industry issues
- Unlimited website access*, and an archive of more than 70,000 articles
- Regular value-added supplements including brand health checks, sector studies, ad critiques and research charts
- Daily newsletters and breaking story alerts straight to your inbox
- New weekly feature articles on the latest research, innovation and marketing trends
- Be the first to hear about industry events