A decade ago, marketers charged with segmentation, targeting and positioning for consumer packaged goods CPG relied on traditional market research as a means of understanding consumption habits, brand lift, and brand equity. Research firms operated in an ecosystem wherein they had no access to actual purchase behaviour and relied on limited sampling of lookalike audiences.
I was market research director at PG for 17 years and the kind of data that we had on...
- Campaign Asia-Pacific online premium content* including in-depth monthly focus on key trends and industry issues
- Unlimited website access*, and an archive of more than 70,000 articles
- Regular value-added supplements including brand health checks, sector studies, ad critiques and research charts
- Daily newsletters and breaking story alerts straight to your inbox
- New weekly feature articles on the latest research, innovation and marketing trends
- Be the first to hear about industry events