At the height of last year’s heated discussions around work-life balance in Japan, many were quick to blame advertising agencies for making unreasonable demands on their staff. While that was understandable, less time was spent analysing the reasons for those demands. They have as much if not more to do with clients as with unhealthy agency culture.
A major contributor to long working hours, and in some cases staff burnout, is excessive pitching. According to...
- Campaign Asia-Pacific online premium content* including in-depth monthly focus on key trends and industry issues
- Unlimited website access*, and an archive of more than 70,000 articles
- Regular value-added supplements including brand health checks, sector studies, ad critiques and research charts
- Daily newsletters and breaking story alerts straight to your inbox
- New weekly feature articles on the latest research, innovation and marketing trends
- Be the first to hear about industry events